Pen Turner Forum South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worthless blanks

Go down 
+2
Donovan
Andybear33
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Donovan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:19 pm

That is great maybe there is some hope for my parcels as well
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Great news
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:00 pm

AB wood wrote:
Makes me feel better that I am not alone with this PO predicament.

Have just seen on the tracking website that my parcel HAS MOVED to Cape Town Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe will still get it in the next few days

Very happy at the moment, I had almost written off that parcel totally.

Now I have a double order of kits so will be sorted for a Loooong time.

Will update when it arrives.

Cheers

Rob
Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:35 pm

[quote="Andybear33"]Any time thanks

[/quote]

Hi Gents

Please count me in on the PSI orders, I will need some kits towards the end of November 2014

Mias
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:12 am

Any time thanks

Back to top Go down
Donovan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Andybear33 wrote:
I am in just let me know when thanks

Andrew would you be interested to do it this year or should we do it early next year
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 am

I'm sorted for a while, if it was later next year I wpuld be interested

Nice idea take advantage of the bulk discounts

Cheers

Rob
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm

I am in just let me know when thanks
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Believe it or not they delivered today. I also did not pay any clearing fees, not sure why not. So I will partly withdraw my rant lol

I get a lot of kits from PSI and have always had good service.
We should try to do a group buy of their more popular kits

Will there be any interest??
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Donovan wrote:
Rob you are lucky, my experience with UPS is just the opposite. Every thing that I brought in with them was slow, cleared under the wrong heading(expensive).
I ordered some tools from china two weeks ago and asked and paid for Fedex but the supplier decided to use UPS. I still do not have the tools and all they say is that I live in a remote aria and they do not deliver there on a daily basis. They deliver to Vereeniging every day and I am halfway between JHB and Vereeniging. Their service suck. This was my third delivery with UPS. I have made a decision that if UPS is the only transporter for what I am ordering I will cancel the deal rather. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  

What you describe is my exact experience with Fedex Rolling Eyes

I suppose it is the luck of the draw.

I also got the message that they dont deliver to remote areas on a daily basis, but the parcel arrived in Hermanus the very next day and Hermanus is also regarded as a remote area.

If I get my parcel out of the SAPO I will not have to order again soon, but now I have the PSI catalogue and am very very tempted, maybe start saving for a trip to States and a visit to the shop could be dangerous.

Cheer

Rob
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:19 am

Rob you are lucky, my experience with UPS is just the opposite. Every thing that I brought in with them was slow, cleared under the wrong heading(expensive).
I ordered some tools from china two weeks ago and asked and paid for Fedex but the supplier decided to use UPS. I still do not have the tools and all they say is that I live in a remote aria and they do not deliver there on a daily basis. They deliver to Vereeniging every day and I am halfway between JHB and Vereeniging. Their service suck. This was my third delivery with UPS. I have made a decision that if UPS is the only transporter for what I am ordering I will cancel the deal rather. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:57 am

AB wood wrote:

Some good news I ordered material yesterday round about 10h00
the supplier shipped it with BEX Express just delivered 10 mins ago
if you can support them.

Update on postal strike, spoke to lady from Capemail who said parcels are starting to come through from JHB international but very slowly.

Needed the kits in my parcel urgently so reordered from PSI, ordered Friday 31st Oct, next day had phone call from UPS JHB to get my details so that they can clear the parcel as soon as it arrives, Thursday 6th Nov call from UPS, invoice for tax emailed, paid and confirmed at 1700 Thursday, Friday 7th couriers arrive at 1000 with parcel. I must say that with UPS it was the smoothest and easiest import that I have ever done. One week start to finish is very good in my view. If I ever get my missing parcel will be glad but I have a feeling that I will never see it or any compensation, very expensive lesson

Cheers

Rob

Back to top Go down
AB wood

AB wood

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:10 am

Some good news I ordered material yesterday round about 10h00
the supplier shipped it with BEX Express just delivered 10 mins ago
if you can support them.
Back to top Go down
http://abelbadenhorst.co.za
RobBagnall

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 am

Donovan wrote:
I think a lot of us are in the same boat as far as the PO. I have more than 10K sitting there. AB who did you get the "reject" kits from

Add my 8K as well Mad Mad Mad

Any one heard anything positive from PO side yet ? Last I saw was that Jhb is operating again but backlog could take months to clear if at all.

I wonder what this strike has cost businesses in this country and I think the PO is doomed to total collapse, I always used speed services and never had a problem, now I will not on principle use any of the PO services.

Still hoping to get my kits before the Christmas market rush.

Cheers

Rob
Back to top Go down
AB wood

AB wood

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:46 am

Hi Donovan,

The company is called Xiamen Rizheng Industry and their site is: http://www.penkits.com.cn/products.asp

I included the description of the pens they have on offer now. For shipping you will have to tell them you want it shipped by courier otherwise they use the never to be delivered SAPO way.

Item: RZ-S3#-PENG Type: Second-rank Gold Fancy pen kits

Gold plating.These kits quality is some lower than our normal fancy kits but not belong to the Junked level. They are more suitable for the beginner to practice purposes with much cheaper price. We suggest you just ordering little quantity at the first time to better check and know more about the quality. Major defects: slight scrape or scratch on surface plating.

MOQ: [ 1 ]
Qty: 1-49 50-99 100-199
Price(ea): $.94 $.91 $.88 Qty:
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:04 pm

I think a lot of us are in the same boat as far as the PO. I have more than 10K sitting there. AB who did you get the "reject" kits from
Back to top Go down
AB wood

AB wood

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Acrylic blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a lot of supplies from the USA (Thanks to the SAPO)

My order from China arrived included were some "second line" pens in SA
we would call it rejects, these pens are offered at a very low price the manufacturer
recommend buying these to start off turning before you take on the real stuff.

The pens I got from this company looks exactly the same as kits bought from PSI.

Unfortunately I have no time for turning now as I am preparing for a craft market,
I shall exhibit wooden toys and outdoor garden furniture. I promised myself that after
the market turning is all I am going to do for weeks after that.

I am interested in casting my own acrylic blanks. Where do one get the kit and chemicals from? Mr Woodturner can not help.

Regards,
AB

Back to top Go down
chrisjan

chrisjan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Andy, it looks good - post some pics of the pine cone please?
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:25 am

Will do this week and post pictures of pen. I am also busy with a pine cone, hope that that will be nice. I turnered one yesterday to test but I did not take into account that the wood of a pine cone is soo hard.
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 7:07 am

So have you turned them yet?
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Worthless blanks Image21
Burl with red and white mix.

First attempt at this and looks fine for now. Hope it works when turned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worthless blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless blanks   Worthless blanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Worthless blanks
Page 1 of 1