Pen Turner Forum South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trustone Blanks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

Trustone Blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trustone Blanks   Trustone Blanks EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:12 pm

[quote="AB wood"]Well Guys,

I am a bit disappointed with the blank, I expected something quite different:
The name is misleading.

The blank is extremely hard best to turn with a TCT type of tool, would like s skew of the kind. A definite must buy this year as a gift from me to me.

Disaster struck when I assembled the Rollester penkit, the one end cracked, after measuring all up I discovered the coupler to be 0.03 mm bigger than the end cap.

I salvaged the blank by cutting it shorter and change design to a Bolt Action, not a pen to sell as the Rollester is thinner than the Bolt action. The transition at the tip end is not as one would like it to be.

Well I have 19 more blanks to try, Will definitely make sure of the kit sizes before I'll assemble the next one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ayjhqngm9jg22k/Tiger%20Eye%20Trustone.jpg?dl=0[/quote]

Hi Abel
Sorry to here about the blank.

Mias
Back to top Go down
AB wood

AB wood

Trustone Blanks Empty
PostSubject: Trustone blanks   Trustone Blanks EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 9:09 am

Well Guys,

I am a bit disappointed with the blank, I expected something quite different:
The name is misleading.

The blank is extremely hard best to turn with a TCT type of tool, would like s skew of the kind. A definite must buy this year as a gift from me to me.

Disaster struck when I assembled the Rollester penkit, the one end cracked, after measuring all up I discovered the coupler to be 0.03 mm bigger than the end cap.

I salvaged the blank by cutting it shorter and change design to a Bolt Action, not a pen to sell as the Rollester is thinner than the Bolt action. The transition at the tip end is not as one would like it to be.

Well I have 19 more blanks to try, Will definitely make sure of the kit sizes before I'll assemble the next one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ayjhqngm9jg22k/Tiger%20Eye%20Trustone.jpg?dl=0
Back to top Go down
http://abelbadenhorst.co.za
Donovan

Trustone Blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trustone Blanks   Trustone Blanks EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:37 am

I have used them and they cut no different than any of the poly resin blanks. Sharp tools is essential
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

Trustone Blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trustone Blanks   Trustone Blanks EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:38 am

Keep us informed as to how it goes.

Have been looking at these but they are pricey and I would HATE to mess one up. I assume that you will be making a majestic type pen with these.

Hope 2015 gives you more time for turning.

Cheers

Rob
Back to top Go down
AB wood

AB wood

Trustone Blanks Empty
PostSubject: Trustone Blanks   Trustone Blanks EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi guys,

I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2015.

I did not forget about the forum, was punishing myself once again by climbing on towers to fit energy saving flood lights. The result no time for myself.

I received a batch of Trustone blanks today. Have any of you turned them yet?
Back to top Go down
http://abelbadenhorst.co.za
Sponsored content

Trustone Blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trustone Blanks   Trustone Blanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Trustone Blanks
Page 1 of 1