Pen Turner Forum South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What other hobbies do you have beside pen making

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donovan

What other hobbies do you have beside pen making Empty
PostSubject: Re: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:23 pm

What other hobbies do you have beside pen making Sdc13610
Back to top Go down
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Orffer wrote:

Model planes, model tanks, model figurines, knife making, pen making...

Bit of something to do to keep me busy...

I tried my hand at knife making but gave it up, could not master it. I bring Damascus blanks in from the states(Alabama Damascus) and then my friend finish then for me. I got some Damascus pen blanks from them as well. He makes very nice knives. I still have a few Damascus blanks that needs to be finished.

I will post a photo of a tanto style that he finished for me
Back to top Go down
Orffer

Orffer

PostSubject: Re: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Model planes, model tanks, model figurines, knife making, pen making...

Bit of something to do to keep me busy...
Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

PostSubject: What other hobbies do you have   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:11 am

Hi

Impressive Donovan.

I do photography, 3 star worker at our local club, camping (not enough) and also boating when we camp at the Grootdraaidam. I put the rods in the water for fishing but that is mostly to to keep me busy during the day.
Back to top Go down
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Andybear33 wrote:
Busy bee, interesting combination of hobbies, you must post some pics of them at sometime. It will be nice to see.

One of the planes that I am busy with is a Cessna 310 with a 4.8 meter wing span. It runs with two 50cc petrol engines. I built a 7x7 meter room in my workshop for that lol.

When I get home we should have a GTG
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

PostSubject: Re: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptySun May 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Busy bee, interesting combination of hobbies, you must post some pics of them at sometime. It will be nice to see.
Back to top Go down
Donovan

PostSubject: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:45 am

I have a host of other things that I do and the problem is that I do not get enough time with them all but here goes.
Build giant scale model planes, 3D printing, build cars(busy with a Cobra, Lotus 7 GT40 and a El Camino) build cnc machines. I have a laser cutter and a 4 axis router. With all this I do a bit of photography
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other hobbies do you have beside pen making   What other hobbies do you have beside pen making Empty

Back to top Go down

What other hobbies do you have beside pen making
Page 1 of 1