Pen Turner Forum South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JR Gent Pen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HenkV

JR Gent Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: JR Gent Pen   JR Gent Pen EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:36 am

Hi Mias - nice pen. No advice - just a comment: the Jr Gent, although a very nice pen, has the one problem of softish threading on the pen cap, so undue pressure here causes breakage.

I do believe the good people at Mr Woodturner now supply spares for the Jr Gent pens (and many other pen parts as well).

Greetings,

Henk
Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

JR Gent Pen Empty
PostSubject: JR Gent Pen   JR Gent Pen EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:44 am

Hi Gents

I made a JR Gent pen last week. When I fit the coupler, it go in tight but when I used some pressure to get it in, it just went in and the trim ring went passed the stop and over the tread, about 3/4". I stripped it but could not see what was wrong. The trim ring was flared a bit open I a did not want loose this pen. The Tamboti did come out good. So install it again but push it all the way in over the thread. It do look like a normal pen and no one I should it to could see what was wrong. Any pen turner would see it.  
Questions:
Did any of you experience this?
What could be wrong?
Could the barrel trimmer cause a increase in the ID of the tube during the trimming process?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/82/50/67/jr_gen10.jpg

Greetings

Mias
Back to top Go down

JR Gent Pen
Page 1 of 1