Pen Turner Forum South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from down south

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

Hello from down south Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from down south   Hello from down south EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi To all the pen makers in SA

I used "Patrys" wood. I do not know what the English name is. The wood is black with some lighter stripes in.

I sand it down to 1200 grid and then use CA glue, 5 or 6 coats, sand it down again an put another 3 coats of CA glue. Sand it down again to 1200 grid and use then use rubbing compound as a final polish before I buffed it a bit. This gives it a nice smooth and mirror like finish. I tried this method first on a JR Gentleman pen and both looks great.

I will post the photos as soon as I can figure it out how to do it.

Mias

Back to top Go down
RushmanHCP

PostSubject: Re: Hello from down south   Hello from down south EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Mias,
Great to hear from you - must admit I have never turned a Majestic and would only do one an a commission basis due to the high costs. What finish do you intend using on your Majestic? Looking forward to seeing it.
I will try to post a pic of a group of pen & pencil sets that I made for a customer a couple of months back.
Regards, Chris
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

Andybear33

PostSubject: Re: Hello from down south   Hello from down south EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:50 pm

It would be great to see it once you have completed it.
Post a pic or two when you can.

Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

PostSubject: Re: Hello from down south   Hello from down south EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:34 am

Hi Chris

I am new to pen making and will load some pens later when I figured it out to do it. We would like to see some of your pens also. You have a lot more experience than I do.

I am now busy with my first Majestic fountain pen and would finish it by the end of the week.

Did you make or sell one already and for how much would you sell it for.

Mias
Back to top Go down
RushmanHCP

PostSubject: Hello from down south   Hello from down south EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello All, Have been a member of IAP for almost a year now and have been turning pens for approximately 8 years.
I live in Melkbosstrand, just a little north of Cape Town and am looking forward to seeing some pens from South African pen turners.
Best regards, Chris Rushman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from down south   Hello from down south Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from down south
Page 1 of 1