Pen Turner Forum South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free blanks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donovan

Free blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free blanks   Free blanks EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi Mias thanks for the reply. looks like I will have to fork out the money for a Jet then lol
Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

Mias Bez

Free blanks Empty
PostSubject: Lathe from Mr Woodturner   Free blanks EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:09 am

[quote="Donovan"]Hi Andy thanks for the blanks that you gave me when I picked up my drone. I could not turn them yet as I have a problem with my lathe. The forward direction does not work. Not sure what is wrong with it.

One of the member bought a lathe from Mr woodturner, not sure who it is. I would appreciate if he can give some feedback on the quality and accuracy of the lathe[/quote]

Hi Donovan

I did bought a lathe from Mr Woodturner. It is a Trusty variable speed. The only "problem" I have is that the tail stock have a side way play of about 3 mm. This is seen when I want to drill the holes using the lathe. You have to align the tail stock before you clamp it down. For the rest of the work, I am not sure because I do not have a lot of experience on turning and about the quality of the pens. Trust this will help.

PS: I think there is now 3 pen turners in Secunda.

Thank you
Mias
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Free blanks Empty
PostSubject: Free blanks   Free blanks EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Andy thanks for the blanks that you gave me when I picked up my drone. I could not turn them yet as I have a problem with my lathe. The forward direction does not work. Not sure what is wrong with it.

One of the member bought a lathe from Mr woodturner, not sure who it is. I would appreciate if he can give some feedback on the quality and accuracy of the lathe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free blanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free blanks   Free blanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Free blanks
Page 1 of 1